Logo

1988 115hp yam problems

tommy1

You guys have help with some problems on our 200ox66 just from reading other post, but now i have a problem with my fresh water boat a 1988 115 Yamaha carbs have been clean 2 times, not by me i might add, i know better, the problem is after it sets a week when you start it up it runs on 3 cylinders for about 400 yards then it runs just fine the rest of the night. Could this be the power pack? Its got a battery, new primer bulb, plugs and gas filter, old filter was clean nothing to show gas lines were breaking down. Thanks for any info. By the way this is a great forum with good information!!!

Re: 1988 115 yam problems

Any help on this one one, going to pick it up from the shop, its be setting at for 3 weeks. I found out myself its got no fire for about the first 5 min. of running then it clears right up and runs fine, might be a couple of days before it will act up again and its worst when its cold weather. I was told the CDI unit was $ 409.75 so i would like to get the right part. I moved the coils before taking it to the shop. The shop said it might be the stator??? Any ideas.. Thanks

Back