Logo

1GM10 - No load maximum speed limiter/fuel injection limiter

caslor

Hi to all friends here...
I own a small sailing boat with a yanmar 1GM10 engine..
when i bought it i decide to make a general service .. so i call a mechanic and had an agreement but it is a very long and sad story :(
after 12 months lot of calls he told me that it was ready now and want it new batteries to test it.....
I decide to make a check and i think that the only service was painting it...

here is what i found :

(click to enlarge)

So i decide to make a serious service by my self as a have all the tools and i a have an experience by repairing - oversize my olds beetles engines (i have a lot of them as a car)

The question now... :

As i was tearing down for inspection and cleaning i see tha there was no safety wire to the ''Fuel injection limiter'' screw and to the ''No load maximum speed limiter'' screw...

in the workshop manual i have for this type of engine there is no reference for basic setup... for this screws..

any suggestion ?
how can i setup them to work inside specification ?

governorsystem.jpg

Thanks in advance

I have a 3GM30. we both have this and my service manual says it is set and tested on the bench, and sealed w/ a lead seal at the factory. ?? A mechanic told me it is for fuel consumption, improving milage. don't know much about it myself. The one on my yanmar has been adj too. I will be keeping up w/ this post hoping for an answer myself. It may be a part of my engine problems too...

Back