Logo

Inmar 5.7L missing Oil Pressure SWITCH?

pecanflyboy

Hey everyone,
I just bought a 2001 Moomba Mobius. The engine was replaced with a GM 350 crate marine engine last year (Inmar?). While going over everything, I noticed that the hole above the oil pressere sender is empty, and there is an unattached wire dangling nearby. After some research, I've discovered that this is the port for the oil pressure SWITCH. But, it doesn't make sense.

The switch is not there, and the hole is not plugged. I figured that pressurized oil would be pouring out of this hole, but it is not. It's dry.

I traced the wire to the front of the engine, near the Water Temperature Switch, where it is rolled up and secured with a zip tie and attached to nothing.

The engine runs fine, with no warnings or faults. Full of oil, with good pressure.

Questions:
1. Is the Oil Pressure SWITCH required?
2. If it is required, and I purchase a replacement, to where do I plug it?
3. Why is oil not pouring out of the unplugged port?

Thanks,
Jimmy

Problem solved. Found an Indmar service representative that told me that the open port is for diagnostics, and not used for the oil pressure switch. Apparently, when the diagnostics tool in used it allows oil pressure to reach the port for testing. The unused wire terminal is normal.
Thanks for the help,
Jimmy

Back