Logo

1991 yamaha 115tlrp V-4 carb idle circuits

I could use a little help on this. I just bought the engine that had been sitting a while. I tried firing it up and it would not start, but the minute I dumped gas past the carbs it fired right up and it tried to idle then died again.So I tried one more time and it revved up and started dying and then picked back up again. I brought it down to idle and it idled for about 7 or 8 minutes on the water hose and then died again. I checked the fuel pump and no issues and squeeze bulb had no issues. I dumped some more gas down it and then it did its usual and fired up and then died again. I called it quits on that. It was just not getting fuel. I pulled the carbs off and I'm rebuilding them. I don't want to mess up the brass parts getting them out. What is used to help remove them? Also where are the idle circuits located on the carbs so I can make sure I get them cleaned out good? I use to build and race big holley carbs on engines so I have a little back groung with carbs. I know their a different beast though.

Any help would be greatly appreciated from any of you guru's out there.

Thanks,
Chris

Back