Logo

Help Removing 1994 200 HP Yamaha steering Arm

mills

Contributing Member
:confused:
I have a completely rusted out steering arm on my 94 Yamaha 200TXRS. I managed to get the Power Head off, now what? Do I remove the lower mounts and then pull all up and out or what? The book tells me nothing. I tried to pull the top collar off, but the steering arm bolts are preventing me from pulling it off. I need to get it fixed so I can go out fishing!! Thanks .....AL

Re: Help Removing 200 HP Yamaha steering Arm

i did a tourch yes thats what i did ,, hot as hell, and pb blaster,, took a while, laid the boat almost on its side, with a fork lift,, kept at it, finally it broke free, the nest step took a honing tool and ran it through cleaned and lubed,,, the only findings i have is when you greese it, some amy drip out, and be messy , not sure if i caused this or if it always did this, the motor falls right over when tilted up high,,, its loose but works good, i thought i had to buy lots of parts, got away with some elbow greese
good luck

Re: Help Removing 200 HP Yamaha steering Arm

I am really interested in how your steering arm replacment went i have the same model engine, a 1994 200 yamaha witha rusted out ssteering arm and want to attempt it myself. if you could tell me how that went and if you think its possible that would be great. thanks alot

Back