Logo

what year is my BF75L-1701964

artie2

:cool:what year is my 7.5HP--- BF75L-1701964 major problem at the moment is the thermostant came apart and plugged the passage- retrieved the parts no problem but where can I get a thermostat and gaskets ? it appears to be the same as used in the small Evinrude- I was wondering if making a solid plug same shape and boring a thru hole of 5/16s may well work nearly as good? any comments appreciated. By golly the gaskets certainly are stuck hard to the engine.
TIA Artie2

The year is 1985 and the model is BF75F...which you will need when ordering parts.

Do not substitute some other device for the thermostat. The engine needs to get to proper operating temperature to idle and run properly. Different motors have different temperature thermostats even if they look the same.

You should be able to order the parts throught boats.net. http://www.boats.net/parts/search/Honda/Outboard%20Engine/0/BF75F%20LA%20OUTBOARD%20ENGINE%2C%20JPN%2C%20VIN%23%20BF75L-1700001/parts.html

Your serial number comes up as a long shaft. So your complete model is BF75FLA

And...yes the gaskets are a pain to remove. Be careful not to gouge the surfaces.

Mike

Back