Logo

honda throttle controls 1994 35 hp

ringo111

Contributing Member
anybody know how to change over tiller controls. to throttle controls on 1994 35 hp honda 4 stroke or can it be done. if it can what to i need for change over thanks

Re: honda throttle controls

There is probably a way to change it to remote, but there are no kits. There is a kit to change it from remote to tiller, but not the other way.

I have never made the change this way. People have asked, but when I estimate the time for research and actually doing it (without instructions), everyone declines. It might make for a nice winter project, if there is nothing else to do.

You will have to compare the parts breakdowns for the tiller version versus the remote version.

If you have power tilt the last letters in the model number would be LHTA for tiller and LRTA for remote.

If you do not have a power tilt the last letters in the model number would be LHSA for tiller and LRSA for remote.

Hope you have a lot of patience....

Mike

mike i got a change to buy honda controls, of 50 hp honda, do you think now i might be able to convert fm tiller to remote. or would i still need more parts for change over thanks jim

You will also need the hardware to fasten the cables onto the motor as well as throttle lever, neutral safety lockout switch, and maybe some other things.

Mike

Back