Logo

Help identifying a part on a BF30 (2007)

Torsk

I have been told that this is a part that manages the engine when warming up, a solenoid possibly. Any help identifying it to get a part number would be appreciated.

Thanks, Jeffrey [email protected]

Attachments

• photo (16).jpg
    photo (16).jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 62
  • photo (15).jpg
    photo (15).jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 65
It is called a bystarter assembly. You are correct...it supplies extra fuel inside the carb at startup. As it heats up the amount of fuel is reduced for standard operation. The part number for this one is 16130-ZW2-F01.

You have the most current one on your motor. There was a change not too long ago that helped cold startups.

Mike

HD, Thanks very much for the information. I have been informed by a mechanic (apparently a good one) that it needs replacing and the issues that I been having with the motor confirms that. Will order it up. Thanks again.

He is evidently not a Honda trained mechanic if he did not know what it was. Not that that is bad.

I hope he has already gone through the carburator and made sure the passages to the assembly are clear. There are passages in the float bowl also that get fuel up to the assembly. If you do not know they are there, they can easily be overlooked.

Mike

Mike, in fact he is not a Honda outboard mechanic, he usually works on Mercury. BTW, we are in Spain. The engine had problems which he solved, other than the cold starts, it is running well now,

Jeffrey

Back