Logo

M90A AutoMixing:How to Verify

Lazy D

I recently purchased a 1992 M90A and have a couple of questions:

Is there a way to verify that the automixing is working properly? I have the type that is injected just past the carbs. I've considered disconnecting the lines and capturing the oil in a container while runniing
mixed fuel.

I think the low speed carb adjustment needs to be 1 3/4 turns out. Is there a bettter way to set it?

I'm syncronizing the carbs by eye. Any tips for best performance?

Thanks,
Mark

Yes, that method would work, but so would checking the oil level in the tank, to see if it is being consumed. Plug condition will tell you a lot. Test procedure is in the Factory service manual.

The procedure for "link and sync" of the carbs is in the Factory service manual, available at any dealer. Initial mixture settings on carbs is just that -- a starting point. After the initial setup, then you must dial in the correct mixture, just like any other carb. It's also important to have a precise float level on these carbs, so that they each work the same.

You can use a carb synchronizer (preferred method), such as a Unisyn unit, or if you are an old hand at multiple-carb setups, the "garden hose stethoscope" is OK, if a bit crude, on these carbed models.

Back