Logo

Mercruiser 357 Reman 325 HP

Ayuh,... Your Info is limited to say the least,... But,.. I'll just Guess....

Who did the Rebuild,..??
A 5.7l, 350 Chevy, when bored with a .030" clean up cut yeilds 356" + change cid...
So I'm Guessing it's just a standard 350 with a .030" overbore...

The 325hp claim would depend on the cam,+ induction used,...
Along with just how Optimistic the rebuilders are...

Welcome Aboard,... Just alittle FYI,... More information gets ya much Better answers....;)

like pulling teeth. What drive ? The motor is set up how ? Example : carb , what ?

It a vortek ?

Where you get it ? Whats the specs.

You will be very pleased, I went from a worn out 1994 5.7 to a 2006 Mercruiser 350 magnum (300hp) a few years ago and the differance is nite and day.

edit was taking too long

As mentioned above, if you have an alpha drive they are rated only to 300hp. I have an alpha drive and have been fine so far. I avoid full throttle accelleration (not needed now anyway) and I try to stay around my most economical cruise speed (3000rpm's-3300rpm's).

Here is more information.....going on a Bravo 1...22 foot Advantage Party Cat deck boat. Not looking for a speed boat, just a fun family boat that can tow a tube and ski. Purchased from Mercruiser Reman.
5.7L Vortec base marine remanufactured engine (standard rotation), MerCruiser exhaust manifolds & risers,Carter 750cfm, 4-barrel marine carburetor, Serpentine belt-driven raw water pump, Fuel lines, (U.S.C.G. approved),New and improved stainless steel valves, Mechanical fuel pump with water/fuel separator (U.S.C.G. approved), Oil pressure switch, oil sending unit and all required sensors, Thunderbolt V Ignition System, spark plugs and wires, Shift interrupt switch, 14" sterndrive flywheel, MerCruiser coupler, and bell housing, Throttle bracket and throttle clip, 70-amp alternator, bracket and tensioner (U.S.C.G. approved), High torque bottom mount starter (U.S.C.G. approved), MerCruiser engine wire harness (10-pin plug) Thermostat housing with thermostat,1.5:1 rocker arms, Marine roller camshaft, Cast nodular iron heads, Cast aluminum pistons, High-flow oil pump, high-flow flame arrestor with cover, Dipstick & dipstick tube, Corrosion resistant black urethane paint, All pulleys, hoses, belts, installed Motor mounts, All parts listed above are BRAND NEW - the block is REMANUFACTURED.

Last edited:
Yes, welcome to ME.com.

Best to follow the OEM instructions for your break-in procedure.
Forums are great, but should be thought of as a supliment only to OEM instructions! :)

Yes, that is something that I will do. The engine is being installed today and I will not have the manual until I pick up the boat. I guess I'm jumping the gun a little bit, might be the excitement of getting a new engine. I still have not heard from anyone that has this engine??

yes nice the manual fuel pump tells me its older ?????

Don't idle it to break it in ? Run it on the water.

Had one in my impala. Had one in my camaro.

Is it a secret who built the motor was he a marine builder ?

Engine is in....took it easy on lake today...under 3500 rpm for most of day..... one issue I had....was checking the WOT and couldn't get it above 4200 with trim. I running a 4 blade 22pitch prop. Thinking of going to a 3 blade 21P..any ideas?

Back