Logo

1994" 200 hp EFI mercury low rpm

medic 332

I have just purchased a 1994 200xri efi mercury, This boat runs great 80% of the time, however the other 20% it will not get over 2000 rpm under a load. When it runs good ( or should i say fast) it has a rough idle but still runs good, when it runs bad ( under a load 2000 rpm max) it actually idles smoother. I have replaced all the fuel lines and filters, stator and both voltage regulators and no fix

Re: 94" 200 EFI mercury low rpm

first try cleaning and rebuilding the carbs, and rebuild the fuel pump as well. go ahead and replace the water pump if haven't already, minimum replacement is every two years, and you said you just got the boat.

ok i forgot to mention that i replace the water pump and it is electronic fuel injection and the manual fuel pump and been rebuilt, but when it acts up it like you flip a switch

Sorry I didn't see the efi. take it to a dealer and have them put on the scanner and ee if a sensor is going bad.

you need to see the TPS sensor, it´s possible not working propperly, that´s why the engine can´t go over 2000 rpm.
You need to see the compression of the cylinder, 100PSI.
to adjust the tps you need a DDT diagnostic equipment.

ok thank you ill look into the TPS and the compression is 120 on all 6 , so ill look into it again thanks

Back