Logo

Charging system for 6hp merc. 4 stroke

Curt F.

I want to put a batterycharging system on my 6hp kicker. I have a friend that has instaled a rectifier kit p# 16838A 4 and a stator kit p# 16837
A 2. He says thats all I need to make it work. Parts are about $150.00 but mercury told me that I needed a new flywheel wich is anouther $299.00. Does anybody know anything about this system?

Ajust fuel air mixture 2006 6hp merc.

My 2006 6hp 4st. doesn't idle right at a slow trolling speed. A boat motor pro told me to remove the brass plug that covered the adjusting scew for the fuel air mixture. I did that and tryed to adjust while out trolling. I couldn't see my adjustments makeing much difference but I do notice having to choke when starting even when the motor has been running for hrs.thats telling me that its not getting enough fuel. Is there a starting pont on the adjusting screw like on a chainsaw you turn the screw all the way in and then screw it back out so many turns. Is the boat motor the same way? This motor is very tempermental I put a throtle control on it that speeds it up or down whithout running back and forth to turn the tiler handle. I can move the throtle in tiny increments. There is a point when throtleing up or down that it skips 1mph. It jumps from 1.8 mph to 2.8 mph. I want to troll at 2.4mph. this is impossible unless I have a headwind. That .4mph makes a big difernce in how a crankbait runs when fishing please help.

Back