Logo

FORD Commander Centurion Wiring Diagram

marv001

I am in desperate need for a Wiring Diagram. I have a 1987 Ski Centurion Tru Trac II with a FORD 351 Commander Motor in it. I am having serious electrical issues and would like to run down the wires but I need a Diagram. I am unable to locate any information for this boat or motor. I don't know why I always end up with stuff that is obsolete. Not doing my homework I guess! Please Help Me!?!?!?!

Is there a similar setup like a PCM for the same year that will work?

Last edited:
Is there a similar setup like a PCM for the same year that will work?

Ayuh,... I'd bet your coming up short on searches because the Commander thing is just Ford's pet name,...
There should be Another name somewhere on it,... The name of the Marinizer, like PCM or somebody...

Good Luck,...

I have purchased parts for PCM applications and have never run into any problems. Do you know where a person might locate the Engine ID? Seems like everytime I buy something it ends up that it is obsolete. Guess I should do more home work.

I am having serious problems with the charging system and would love to just replace the entire wiring, but I cannot locate a wire harness for the boat... or a service manual. This motor runs great and I have had No Mechanical Problems at all. But this chrging problem has me Stumped!

marv001,
I am kind of in the "same boat" as you. :D
My engine was Marinized by Redline engine out of Lewiston ID. They are No longer in business.
Redline was using Ford 5.8L all the way up to 2000.
It's been impossibble to find any sort of manual by Redline and so I have been working with OMC and Volvo Penta manuals.
When looking for info on Ford EFI engines you have to go back to 1995 for these two mfgs. But you will also find info for TBI engines as well as straight carbuerated.
SELOC manual 3404 and Clymer manual B739, these are both for OMC
The wiring Diagrams for both OE's are very similiar to my engine and they all use the EEC-IV ignition system.
The components are the same but they are just in different places on the engine as far as wiring harness goes.

PM me and I can give you links to some of the manuals I have been using and the nice thing is I live in Salem OR

Hope this helps

Thanks, I have looked at the PCM Wiring Diagrams from the PCM Manual for 1987 that can be found at correctcraftfan.com they have a lot of manuals. It is a little dissapointing that I cannot locate one for mine. I can't even get anyone to contact me, no dealers, no service shops, it's crazy!

Back