Logo

BF50A Bottom Cylinder Problems

brunsonc

The other day my boat started up fine and ran perfectly for the first half of the day. The second half of the day, it seemed like it was taking forever to get on plane but when it did, it would run wide open. Then I had to start giving it just a little bit of choke in order for it to plane out. Finally, my motor would start up fine but would not plane out. So while it was running, I pulled the plug wires one at a time and discovered that the bottom cylinder wasn't running at all. I replaced the the spark plug in that cylinder, but still no luck. Does this sound like carb issues? Any help is appreciated.

Assuming the compression and the spark is good...your bottom carburator probably does have a blockage.

It is probable that the others are not far behind.

It looks like it is time to clean the carbs.

If you have any experience with carbs and you are going to do it yourself, be sure to get an official Honda manual to guide you through it.

Thanks a lot Hondadude. I just cleaned the carbs 6 months ago and had it running like a top. Since then I have been religious about using Sta-bil w/ my gas, and cranking it up every now and again.....I guess it's just one of those things though.

Back