Logo

2.5 hp Nissan NS2.5a

rommel

314-1
I believe it is a 1992 -96 which I could care less about the year . It was only a year old when I purchased it. My motor had very low hrs on it and as I used it very little each year for Duck hunting I would guess less than 5 hrs a Season the first 5 years, Then the Coil went Bad ,The local dealer told me it would be $350 dollars for the coil plus labor so i stored it. as I used it so little $350. plus labor was more than I could afford at the time

Now I look and see I can buy both Coils for less than $100 dollars .

First of all I do not no which coil the exciter coil or the ignition coil that is bad and I believe I could replace them now my self with a little help And need some direction in how to check which one is bad .

Second...Am I still able to get these coils , I pretty shore the part # for the Ignition Coil # is 309061530m and the exciter Coil is (309061200m or 309061201m )
I am not sure which is the correct exciter coil part Number for my Motor that is why I posted the Numbers at the start of the thread .....thanks in advance...Sam

Last edited:
Forget that parts book....What does yours have? There is a difference between the A and A2 models. If the tag is missing off the engine, just pull the flywheel. If it is an old A model, ignition parts are no longer available for it.

I pulled the fly wheel and their was a set a points there, took some sand paper to em and had spark there after, put new gas in , 1/2 dozen pulls later away she went changed oil on lower unit and will have to get it in the river first chance I get. The motor has not been going in seven years, thanks for the help...

I pulled the fly wheel and their was a set a points there, took some sand paper to em and had spark there after, put new gas in , 1/2 dozen pulls later away she went changed oil on lower unit and will have to get it in the river first chance I get. The motor has not been going in seven years, thanks for the help...

Be sure to clean off any debris from abrading the points, as some "sandpaper", emery especially, leaves conductive bits behind, which will cause burning of points, and then you're going to be looking for NLA points.

Be sure to clean off any debris from abrading the points, as some "sandpaper", emery especially, leaves conductive bits behind, which will cause burning of points, and then you're going to be looking for NLA points.

X2. Polish with strips of copy or printer paper, etc. between the closed points until it stops coming out with streaks on it. Blow out the area with canned air or electrical contact or circuit board cleaner (sans residue).

This is sad.... points NLA for a NS2.5A probably equals none available for my NS3.5A either. Amazing, I can get points for my two British Seagull engines either domestically or from the UK, but they're available. Of course, the Nissan doesn't qualify as an EPA superfund site.

Ted
40+ LS 1977
Century Plus LS C 1970

Back