Logo

Buzzers gone wild 2002 200 hp

skeeter11

serial#ot467328 02 200 merc changed tpi but did not fix problem. When I first get to the lake and start the motor the buzzer goes off and motor dies. It starts right back up but dies with buzzer again. Does this several times then seems to run right. It still dies and buzzer goes off when I stop after on plane. If I trim all the way down and slow down real slow it does help some but not always. I have checked/cleaned all ground points I can find and this thing is driving me crazzy. Any help is greatly appreciated. I can't beleive I found this site it's been enlightening.

Re: Buzzers gone wild

Agree, that based on those symptoms the throttle position sensor was a "likely candidate" for a failed part.

Since you have opened your wallet to replace a sensor that is now obviously not the problem, why not spend the cost of an hours labour and have your motor hooked up to a DDT at a dealer?

It (could) be a crank position senor (CPS) going but troubleshooting by replacing sensors and modules is not the way to go on these.

Unfortunately, the technology involved with these (modern) ECM controlled motors leaves the "backyard mechanic" with the multi-meter in one hand and the screw driver in the other kinda out of luck....

Did that been there, problem is that dealer hit me for two hours labor and did nothing. Said he could not find the problem with DDT and said it could be loosing ground. Cleaned all grounds no help hate to go back to dealer you see why. It would be different if I trusted him. Did I say that I showed him the problem while he was troubleshooting motor with DDT. Just thought I would ask around for some help.Thanks

First find a certified tech in efi outboards

a bad battery or ground wire can cause this

you got the manual?

Back