Logo

Oil injection 1998 115 hp

cabledoctor

"Hi all I'm new here & been reading for a while. I recently got a 1998 merc 115 with 20 hours on it it look brand new the oil injection is working, but I don't know if I should trust it.. Any advice would be great. This is a great site, Lots of good info in the posts I have read"

I just don' want to burn u

I just don' want to burn up a n almost new engine then find out there was a problem with this setup & cost unavailable $$$

You should take it to a shop a

You should take it to a shop and have them test it. there is a way to test it for volume but my selco manual nor my factory manual give specs on how much oil should pump over a certain time but I know from experience that shop manuals don't always include all the info. sometimes the factory will send out bulletins that never get to the manual. sorry for the long response

"You will get very strong opin

"You will get very strong opinions for and against oil injection.

I happen to love it and trust it completely (and my 1986 model still has a perfectly funtioning oil injection system).

Oilers get blamed for almost every single powerhead failure, but in actuallity are probably only to blame in less than 1% of failures.

Over time the oiler will save you many many gallons of oil compared to pre-mixing yourself.

If you boat alot like I do you can save upwards of 100 bucks (or more) just in oil during the course of a season (and that means more money for gas = extra time on the water).

But if you sleep better at night mixing your own gas, then rip it out.

Anyhow, here's the test proceedure. If it doesn't show up in enough detail I can email the section to ya....

377774.jpg
"

Back