Logo

Kad 43 lost 300 rpm

bdormer

"Hi, hoping someone can point

"Hi, hoping someone can point me in the right direction.My volvo had lost a couple of hundred revs somewhere so i had the local service guys do a thorough service incl exhaust, turbo,fuel, air and all related filters.Included also replacing head gasket and resetting slack valves.The boat performed exceptionally well afterwards running uo to 3800 rpm for the first time since ive owned it.This lasted 8months,120hrs incl 1 more service before going back to losing the now 300 revs again.Help please'brett"

"hi allen, yes the boat is a 3

"hi allen, yes the boat is a 35' launch with a sternleg which stays in the marina. The hull and leg were antifouled 3 months ago. I'm thinking maybe turbo? Although there is no play in it i think it may be worth getting it manometred"

Hi bret

Were the injectors tested when all this head work was done, also what condition are your props in, if one or two blades are slighty bent you can loose revs so recommend checking them, also seen rev counters loss the balance and can cause the the revs to look less then what the engine is operating at, try using a digital tacho gauge on the front pully to confirm engine revs. hope this helps

Back