Logo

115 honda hard start

rainbo

"My 2007 115 honda starts and

"My 2007 115 honda starts and runs for about 1 second then stalls.Then when I start it again it starts and runs fine for the rest of the day.This problem only exists on the first start of the day.I tried pumping the primer ball before startup and checked for leaks and also checked the filters.Is there a check valve somewhere that is malfunctioning in the fuel system.I also tried giving it throttle at startup and that didn't work ,any ideas."

"This is going to sound crazy.

"This is going to sound crazy...but that is the way the 115hp and 130hp hondas work.

The first time it will start and run for a couple of seconds. More than likely, it is still building up fuel pressure.

If this bothers you...you could try turning the key switch to on for two seconds...then turn it to off. Then turn the key to on for two seconds then proceed to turn it to start.

Whenever you start the engine, you need to turn the key switch to on...listen for the two beeps and the indicator lights all come on then go off except for the charge light...about two seconds...then continue to start to start the engine.

It does not sound like there is anything wrong with your engine."

Back