Logo

NS40C Nissan

bx2

Am looking at buying a 40HP Ns

Am looking at buying a 40HP Ns40C #91805. Supposedly it is in good shape and was running but broke a magnet in flywheel. How hard would it be to find a used part & are these motors reliable? It is an elec. start with all remote controls. Thanks!

There are lots of 40 C models

There are lots of 40 C models around as that model has been in production for over 25 years. You can't buy a more reliable engine...And it didn't break a magnet by itself. Someone hit the flywheel with a hammer by mistake.

Does anyone repair these flywh

Does anyone repair these flywheels ? I understand new ones are very expensive. Thanks

"No. They are only $464.00, wh

"No. They are only $464.00, which is not expensive for an outboatrd flywheel. Used, probably around $20.00 as they never go bad and can be found on ebay."

"Will any other HP motors fit

"Will any other HP motors fit this other than 40C.Thanks ,I appreciate your help!!"

I just picked up the same engine...it doesnt seem to have any spark. Flywheel and magnets are clean. What else should I check on this? It doe not have a control box. Does this engine require battery power in order to get the ignition system to work? is it like a lawnmower that you can just pull start? Any help would be appreciated...

This motor uses magneto CD ignition. Should not need 12v to spark. Exciter coil to generate ignition, pulser coil to time the discharge, CD to fire the ignition coil, ignition coil to step up the voltage high enough to spark. Time to troubleshoot the ignition system with a Factory service manual.

Thanks for the reply. For whatever reason, I hooked up the battery and jumped the green wire to activate the starter and it now starts! Now my only question is where can I get parts for it? I need the steering tube that connect the 2 transom brackets together. This is an older model that that the guy I got it from broke it off because the steering was stuck in it. Any Ideas where to get parts?

OK.....Not the lower unit...that was real simple.....I am talking about the driveshaft housing the lower unit attaches to. It is screwed to the motor by 8 bolts and there is one bolt that is put in from above into the housing itself. Looks like the small bolt is right under the cylinder head. Question would be what is the process to get to this small bolt. I can take anything apart but I have not worked on this motor before and dont know if there are any things i should not mess with. The reason I want to separate the housing from the motor is because there is water coming out of the water pipe where it attaches to the motor.....guessing this is a good reason why there is limited water coming out the back of the motor when it is running. So, I am replacing either gaskets or grommets after I find out what has rotted or broken to cause the leak

Back