Logo

1974 90 hp chrysler no spark

bigbrock1234321

"i have 1974 90hp Chrysler model # 907ha. it was winterized at a marina last year in running condition, it was running rich but ran good. went to fire it up yesterday, and there is no spark on any cylinder. compression is good and it turns over good just wanted to ask for help, if anyone has had this problem, or can help trouble shoot"

Re: 90 hp chrysler no spark

just a thought. i had the same problem a couple years ago. turned out it was a chaffed wire under the stator that went green over the winter. good luck.

well, i got spark now and the motor seems to run real good. starts first try. That's why i bought the boat, i figured it couldn't be anything too bad. ended up being a bad battery and loose wire.

but now there is another question. the motor seem to run good, but at full throttle it barely revs. ill be lucky if get 5 mph. could be a number of things, so i am asking has any one else had this problem, and any suggestions where to start first.

if it starts quickly and idles smoothly then the two most likely suspects in my book would be throttle linkages and fuel supply.

Back