Logo

2005 merc 150 hp xr6

fissen_green

hello all I am new to mrec and I took the cover off my XR6 and found a second oil resivor under the hood on top of the motor my other one is in the bilge

"That is right, the one in the

"That is right, the one in the bilge area is called a remote resevoir, it keeps the one under the hood (on-board) full. What is your question about this set-up?"

the tank on the motor is what

the tank on the motor is what supplies the oil to the pump and the ttank in the boat supplies oil to the tank on the motor. hope this answers your question.

ok I have two other questions?

ok I have two other questions?

ok first is with a hose hooked up to a XR6 does it have a tell tale?
and is water supposed to exit by the electrode just above the prop ?? it did have good water pressure.

next is their any way to check the gear oil level?

"Question one: yes it has a te

"Question one: yes it has a tell tale, about 3 inches below the cowling. not sure what electrode you're talking about.
Question two: there is two screws on the lower unit on the right side (standing at the back looking at the prop) pull top one to check oil level, this is just a fill to spill set-up. Pull lower one to check for water and to add oil. Always fill from bottom to keep air from getting trapped in system. Always use a quality lower unit oil."

sorry I mean anode the square

sorry I mean anode the square one just above the prop and should the tell tale have had water squirting with a hose on it

yes it should have water flow

yes it should have water flow on the hose. if not probably just stopped up.

if the anode i am thinking of is correct then yes it will have some water because this is just another exhaust port. if you can post a pic so that i know we are talking about the same thing

Back