Logo

Value of props for MercuryMariner

marteness

I have an aluminum and stainle

I have an aluminum and stainless prop for a 135hp Mariner 19P 13" in perfect shape. What would they be valued at?

"First i would find out what t

"First i would find out what they are worth new,then see what they are selling for s/hand on Ebay or TradeMe"

"Basically, they are worth wha

"Basically, they are worth what someone is willing to pay.

That may sound stupid but you have to consider all the factors.

A 19 pitch prop is actually pretty common for that horsepower class which makes it a little more valuable in the used market as compared to say a 15 pitch which would only be useful for a very heavy rig.

Second, if you don't live near salt water the value of the stainless is somewhat less than if you did simply because some of the (value) of the stainless (better corrosion resistance) is null in fresh water.

If they are OEM props they can be found new for about 150-200 and 400 bucks respectively.

If they are "perfect" (no nicks etc) I would be asking about 75 for the aluminum and would try and get 200-250 for the stainless.

But like I said, the value is what someone is willing to pay for them - if they have zero value to you and are just sitting around then maybe the cost of a case of beer is fair - only you can decide that..."

Back