Logo

25 hp Mariner

brim_buster

Regular Contributor
Had my 8 hp stolen and just bo

Had my 8 hp stolen and just bought a 25hp Mariner.Runs great but need to know what year and if the impeller pushes water out the exhaust on the foot or if there is a pee hole coming from the block. serial# 695 S 022638. Want to get the manual for it and need to know what year. No water comes from the block but get good warm water from the foot exhaust hole. Thanx for the help!!!

"Hi,Your motor is 1984 yamaha

"Hi,Your motor is 1984 yamaha based Mariner,fuel ratio is 50:1.there should be a hole by one of the bolts holding the motor onto the leg.next time you have it running,poke a wire up that hole and jiggle it a bit,and see if you get a stream of warm water come out..the motor casing or block should remain warm to very warm,after running for a while.not hot.should be able to hold hand on it"

thats the normal spot I looked

thats the normal spot I looked. My 8hp was a 99 and it had a pee hole by the block and ran a nice stream and thats why I was puzzled when this on didnt. I will check tomorrow to see if its clogged or if I need to replace the impeller.
Thanx for the help.

"hey Ian or Graham, my motor d

"hey Ian or Graham, my motor doesnt have a pee hole around the bottom of the motor. Are you sure it doesnt come out one of the holes on the lower leg?Gonna check my repair guide I downloaded but dont remember seeing anything but an impeller and housing."

I just looked and I dont have

I just looked and I dont have tell tale hose my thermostat is above the cylinders and has a molded passage going down and looks to go into the lower unit. Like I stated earlier I get good warm water coming out the hole in the lower end and wanted to be sure I wasnt looking for something else and tearin this down and not have to.

"Well i checked my 25hp marine

"Well i checked my 25hp mariner on my small boat before i answered last time,and there is definitely a hole on the underside of the motor near where one of the bolts is,that bolt the motor down.yours might be filled up with gunk.it isnt a hose type pee hole,just a small hole from inside the engine gallery"

Back