Logo

Mercruiser 2003 454 water psi

jimnlouisiana

"What is the correct PSI for t

"What is the correct PSI for the water pressure from the impeller. I have two Mercruiser 454 inboards. One side says 46.3 PSI at idle or throttled up. The other reads lower, like 5 psi at idle and maybe 25 psi at cruise. I changed sensor on the one that reads low and it still reads the same. Temps are normal on both."

"The MIE/MCMs with the 555 com

"The MIE/MCMs with the 555 computer expect 1-5 psi at idle and 7-17 psi at WOT. I'd think the 45+ reading is bogus and should be the one to be concerned with.

If the 'normal values' are the same for yours, I'd be thinking maybe the elbows are starting to get restricted, thus the higher pressure at cruise.

May want to post this on the mercruiser i/o board as a lot of those mmembers have access to the current service pubs...mine are limited and dated."

Thank you. I thought the lowe

Thank you. I thought the lower readings were the correct ones. A friend of mine said if the sensors went out they would default to the 46 psi so the guardian system would not shut the engine down.

"Ayuh,... I agree, the proble

"Ayuh,... I agree, the problem is the Other motor...
46.3 is Way too high..."

"I also do agree with everyone

"I also do agree with everyone here, Try putting the new sensor on the engine that reads 46.3 PSI and see what happens, Also make sure there is no paint, ect, In or Around the threaded area of where the sensor goes into, You may have lost a ground to the sensor area, Or what ever the sensor screws into on your engine set up."

Back