Logo

Compression

jerry101

Contributing Member
can somebody tell me what the

can somebody tell me what the compression should be on a 1983 mercury 7.5 hsp serial # 6241553 ?
also model # cause its not listed on motor...thanks

Manufactures rarely give a com

Manufactures rarely give a compression fig so the rule of thumb is no more than 15% difference or 15lbs difference between cylinders

"i tried starting this motor b

"i tried starting this motor but when i pull the cord to start it,it doesn't recoil, i tried several times ,with the same effect,could it be the recoil spring is shot or do i need to buy a new recoil assembly,or what ? any advice would be appreciated ....thanks"

"Take the recoil assy off,turn

"Take the recoil assy off,turn it over and see if you can wind the rope around the pulley[you will need to cut the pull start handle off]and then push the end back thru the hole to see if when you pull the rope,it retracts.if it doesnt,youll need to dismantle,and check the spring out.if its broken,renew.or take the whole lot to a boat shop.most outboards have a serial number and the hp on the cover,thats it usually"

"Hi,hope someone can help me.G

"Hi,hope someone can help me.Got 115 6 cyl mariner need to know the model of it ser.nr OB260079 and then got a problem with t/t.When i use t/t it goes slowly also the wiring getting hot.what can it be?"

Back