Logo

Need help Identifying pacer220

dac68

"I parted out a 1964 Pacemaker

"I parted out a 1964 Pacemaker 36'. Two engines came out, they look good externally (no leaks, oils is clean, etc). I am having trouble locating information on exactly what they are. The valve covers say "Pacer 220". What else can I provide to help get some indentification. I want to know what I have so I can sell them intelligently. Thanks Doug"

"Ayuh,... Where's the dis

"Ayuh,... Where's the distributer,..??
There Must be some sorta markings that'll narrow down whether it's a Chevy, Ford, or Chrysler...."

"Probably Palmer engines that

"Probably Palmer engines that used Rambler engines at that time. If so, they would be painted red."

"I should have been more clear

"I should have been more clear. Bondo, they appear to be Chevy based. Capt. Ken, they are painted red.
Someone told me, (cannot remember when) that the marine version of a 327 from that era would have been a 4 bolt. I believe on the sister site there was a discussion to the contrary.
If theses are 327's, are they worth anything being from a marine application? Where would I peddle them? I'm hoping to make a little money on them so I can continue restoring our '69 Pacemaker doublecabin.
Again, any help would be most appreciated.
Thank you all for the help so far. Your outreach makes me proud to be part of this discussion board. Thank You!"

"Palmer also used some Interna

"Palmer also used some International engines. They could be 283's, 207's or 327's if Chevrolet. I do not believe they were using 4 bolt mains that early."

Back