Logo

MD11D compression

bobg

"Hi, I have a MD11D engine, I

"Hi, I have a MD11D engine, I have over 400 lbs comp in one cyl and only 70 PSI in the other one, is it possible that something other than rings and valves could cause low compression, like the decompression unit? not ruling out the rings and valves, but am currently on the water and am hoping for a simple solution. The injectors have been tested and one rebuilt a couple days ago. The engine starts with a fog of starting fluid when cold, and will start with no problem after that when warm. Also, can't seem to find the cold start button to the left and rear of the engine as others had suggested, is it possible some MD11D motors didn't have a cold start button? one more thing the previous owner drove the boat 2600 miles with no oil change, I have changed oil several times recently, even used quart of lucas to try and clean the internals. Thank You much Bob"

"Could be blown head gasket bu

"Could be blown head gasket but doubt it, all 11 have cold start button. Right next to injection pump. Sounds like ring piston issue."

Back