Logo

Anybody have oil route diagram for 6hp 4 stroke

little8

ANY BODY OUT THERE HAVE A DIAG

ANY BODY OUT THERE HAVE A DIAGRAM OF THE OIL ROUTE THRU MOTOR (OIL PAN TO BLOCK TO HEAD)IT IS SAID THAT VLVE TRAIN GETS OILED HOW ??? THANKS FOR ANY KNOWLEDGE !!!!! 6HP 4 STROKE ONLY !!!!!

"Try this, can email it to you

"Try this, can email it to you if the detail gets lost posting the picture...

376462.jpg
"

THANK YOU TO G LAMB GOT OIL RO

THANK YOU TO G LAMB GOT OIL ROUTE PIC !!!! DOESNT SHOW IN TOHATSU REPAIR BOOK (ORGINAL 5HP )AND EVEN IN SELOC!!!! TRYED TO POST QUESTION ON FORUMS I BOAT SITE ARE YOU FROM THERE? YOU KNEW THE ANSWER !!!! I RAN MY 2009 TOHATSU 4HP 4STROKE FOR 8MILES ABOUT 1HR VARYIED SPEEDS. RAN FINE BUT IS THIS OK FOR THIS SMALL MOTOR ? (IS ON A DIGHNY AND RUNNING IN FLORIDA BAY).

"This is the only marine engin

"This is the only marine engine site I post on - the only other site I'm on regularly is the Glen-L forum for wooden boat builders.

Not sure I understand your second question.

"you ran for 8 miles, about 1 hour at varying speeds" - for what? the break-in period???"

"THANKS AGAIN G LAMB FOR RESPO

"THANKS AGAIN G LAMB FOR RESPONDING !!! MY 2ND QUESTION OF MY RUN FOR 8 MILES WAS NOT BREAK IN PERIOD , HAVE RUN THE ENGINE FOR ALMOST YEAR NOW BUT, IS THE MOTOR TO BE RUN FOR A DURATION CRUISE OF THIS NATURE ? CRUISE WAS LIKE 4 MILES APROX IN FLORIDA BAY AND SLOWED UP FOR 4 MILES OF CREEKS AND SOUNDS).AS EXAMPLE I NOTICED THE OIL DIAGRAHAM SHOWS ROCKER ARM AREA ONLY GETS A ONCE-IN-AWHILE SPLASH... ENOUGH TO KEEP EVERYTHING HAPPY THERE? I'M USING THE MOTOR AS A CRUISE ALL NOT JUST A SHORT TRIP TO SHORE FOR SUPPLIES ... IF POSSIBLE TO YOU HAVE DIAGHAM OF WATER FLOW TO MOTOR ?(PLEASE)!! THANKS AGAIN !!!!!!!!!"

"Ok, I see what you are asking

"Ok, I see what you are asking. You are just concerned by "how" you are running it. No worries there, you can cruise it all day if you want.

It is however, beneficial to really open her up once in a while continuous slower speed operations can cause carbon build-up problems.

Here's the water flow diagram - may be a little tougher to make out as it is a bigger diagram...

376634.jpg
"

"THANKS AGAIN TO G LAMB FOR EX

"THANKS AGAIN TO G LAMB FOR EXCELLENT ADVISE AND PIC OF MOTOR INFO !!!!! ITS JUST A GOOD IDEA TO HAVE THESE PIC'S TO KNOW YOUR ENGINE !! BOATING AND OUTBOARDS TO ME IS STILL A LUXUREY HOBBEY /SPORT,AND BETTER TO KNOW AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE WHEN YOUR OUT ON WATER. (OR OF COURSE BEFORE YOU PLAN THE TRIP ANYHOW)!!! IV'E READ POSTS OF PEOPLE COMPLANING ABOUT "PDI" AND THEY SHOULD BE REALLY LOOKING AT "DYI" GETTING TO KNOW YOUR DANCE PARTNER ,WELL!!!! THE ONLY OTHER OPITIONS ARE SEA TOW , MARINE PATROL, FOR SALE CLASSIFIEDS !!! OK I'LL TKAE A BREAK FOR WHILE .... THANKS AGAIN !!!!!!!"

Back