Logo

1971 Mercury 80 hp 800 Coil

fixitdaily

Regular Contributor
"Hello,I am kinda stuck when it comes to a coil for my 1971 merc.800 serial number 3192882.My good buddy fastjeff sent me a coil from that era,nice big orange coil with mounting bracket to see if my issue with my spark. I took it out to my motor and kinda wanted to see where it goes to test it out.Well I dont know but I cant find any room in that engine compartment to put it.No room where I think its supposed to go.(By the solenoid.)Now I did find this as a cross refernce which is a smaller one and I think fits better.Mercury inline ignition coil kit 332-4895A5.And Jeff if you read this thanks a million.I havent fired her up yet,I have got to redo my external wiring harness.I just noticed all the wiring insulation is old and brittle.Just falls apart.Anyway any thought on this coil.."

"regarding your wireing harnes

"regarding your wireing harness, I just got mine repaired after days of testing and asking on this board.
Thanks Jeff!!!
Beleve me I know what your dealing with. Take your time and repair or replace all the wires you can get to. The insulation desolves clear into the harness. Good luck!!!!!"

Thanks for the reply and as fa

Thanks for the reply and as far as my wire harness I am going to do a complete rewire its way to far gone.

"Hi Steve here's a pic

"Hi Steve here's a pic
376411.jpg
"

Back