Logo

1991 mariner magnum 40

stilxpert

I just inherited a pontoon wit

I just inherited a pontoon with a mariner magnum 40; the title with the boat says its a 1991 model but the serial # tag is partially missing. It looks like the last numbers are 220 but im not sure. Can i find the serial # somewhere else on the motor to verify the yr and other details. I need to make several repairs to the motor but want to make sure of the yr before i attempt it. Any help or information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

There is a another tag on the

There is a another tag on the powerhead somewhere. It is a silver core plug. (Maybe (0D######.

The "Magnums" were sim

The "Magnums" were simply a (normal) 4 cylinder Merc or Merc/Mariner marketed between 1989-92 with a "cool name" to try and increase sales and distinguish them from the (very different) Yamaha built (for Merc) Marathon's which were sold during the same time frame.

They were mechanically identical so the exact "year of production" is not important at all from either a parts or mechanical standpoint.

As Bandit suggests I would expect the production number (serial) to start 0C or 0D...

Back