Logo

Honda 115

I have a new 115 and I run it

I have a new 115 and I run it atleast four times a week. It stays in salt water all the time. My question is how often should I flush it with fresh water?

"Make sure you tilt the motor

"Make sure you tilt the motor up too if the boat is stored on the water. If you are worried about prop theft, either take the prop off or buy a tamper resistant nut and tool. Removing the prop is easy (as long as you don't drop it) and is a good time to check the thrust washer and for fishing line that can ruin your shaft seal. A good Sunbrella cover will keep it looking new. I Hope you enjoy your new Honda for years!"

"Not sure of how you dock and

"Not sure of how you dock and store your boat, but I flush my 225 after every use. I rigged a T connection to the standard Honda flushing port, then ran a hose from the T to a stainless steel clip at the top of the transom. On the end of the hose I have a garden hose type on-off valve and a quick-connect end for taking a garden hose hooked to the water system on my dock. I flush the motor for at least 15 minutes while I'm unloading the boat and (hopefully) cleaning the fish."

"The 115 has a flush port on t

"The 115 has a flush port on the back of the engine, just below the hood latch. You need to remove the round rubber grommet to get to it. See your owners manual for pictures. You can buy this from Honda or make one of your own from parts at the hardware store.

376347.jpg
"

Back