Logo

Oil tank hose 1991 90 hp

vane

Regular Contributor
"I just got a 91 mecury 90 oil injected.went to put oil in the tank and oil started pooring out from the bottom ,were there use to be a hose,but now not there can anyone tell me were that hose is suppose to go to.I can post some pics tomororrow if needed.Thanks for any info."

There is a good chance someone

There is a good chance someone has disconnected or bypassed the oil injection.

For now you will need to run 50:1 mixed gas until you can determine the entire system is there and still functional.

Since the oil line is missing there is a chance that the pump has been removed or at minimum the drive gear for the pump has been removed.

Get a manual or get it into a shop and see "what's up".

Even if you replace the hose there is a good chance you would fry your motor....

Thanks for the info.What manua

Thanks for the info.What manual would be good to get for 1991 Mercury 90 HP oil injected

"The best would be a Merc fact

"The best would be a Merc factory service manual, but at 80 bucks it is pricey.

Second best would be one from Seloc's covering your vintage and horsepower and widely available in both printed and (on-line) format (both available from this sites sponsor) for about 35 bucks..."

"I found the oil pump,does the

"I found the oil pump,does the hose on the bottom of the oil canister go directly to the oil pump,is there a Tee were the over flow for the oil go between the hose off bottom of the tank to the oil pump or does the overflow go somewhere else,Thank you again you have been very helpful."

"Rob, I have dropped you an em

"Rob, I have dropped you an email - pdf file going over the oil injection system.

That should be easier than trying to do it here

Sent it to your yahoo address you have listed in your profile..."

"Thank you Graham Lamb you hav

"Thank you Graham Lamb you have been so helpful,Don't know what I'd do with out ya,Besides speed a bunch of Money LOL Thanks again"

Back