Logo

Engine mount

walkabout

"I have a 19994 Nissan NS8B.

"I have a 19994 Nissan NS8B. The mount for the bolts to secure it to the dinghy are stripped. Is there a solution for this other than replacing the entire engine mount? And if not, do you know where I could get one? Thanks for any help."

"Normally you would just repla

"Normally you would just replace the port and starboard engine clamps....But, you could certainly do what Rollie suggested with an equally good result."

"Thanks to you both. It's

"Thanks to you both. It's not the clamps that are stripped but the mount. If I tap out the mount, I have no idea how/where to get larger bolts with the two ends on them. Do either of you?
Replacing the clamps by themselves won't work. I'ts the mount that's stripped."

I think he means the transom m

I think he means the transom mount assembly. The new over sized bolts would have a 6 point head and you would need to use a socket or wrench to tighten and loosen....still cheaper than replacing the entire bracket.

"Now, if we only had something

"Now, if we only had something called a "transom mount" or a "mount" this would be a lot easier for me
On this model engine, the only thing holding the engine to a dinghy would be the motor clamps which are connected to the swivel bracket."

Back