Logo

Alarm sounding 2004 225 hp efi

littlemac8

I have a 2004 225 EFI Motor there is an alarm sounding 4 beeps and if ran over 4200 rpms constant alarm and motor goes in to safe mode. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

The motor don't have a oil

The motor don't have a oil pump on it the tank is pressurized through a check valve on the motor. That tank feeds a small tank on the motor. could it be a senor in the small tank that has gone bad? Thanks for all your help

"Yes, could well be the tank s

"Yes, could well be the tank sensor. The oil alarm doesn't tell you if the system is working, only if it has oil in the tank.

The 4 beeps indicate that the oil in the engine mounted tank is getting low - the continuous beep means it's critically low.

If there is oil in the tank then it is most likely the in tank sensor. (it's the tank sensor that feeds the ECU which in turn is throwing the motor in protect mode - so even if the oil feed is toast and the engine is getting NO OIL, as long as the sensor says their is oil in the tank, the ECU is happy)

To test you simply disconnect the leads coming from the oil tank and check them with an ohm meter. If there is oil in the tank there should be zero resistance (full continuity), if not it's time to replace the sensor (or run without it and be vigalent about keeping the oil topped up...."

"i had same problem some time

"i had same problem some time ago, problem solved by manualy filling engin oil tank to full,confirming big oiltank closed properly , start up and going out on river at average rpm...turns out oil tank was not closed properly and not building oil pressure...hope urs can be solved as easily"

Back