Logo

Remote steering extension for 98

ppandr

"I have a 9.8 that I am mounti

"I have a 9.8 that I am mounting on a Mirrocraft with factory side console. The shaft, that the motor pivots on and the steering shaft slides through, is not long enough. When turning the wheel hard over the steering shaft extends beyond the end of the pivot shaft which then is unsupported and will not return back without being aligned. Its seeems that I either need a longer pivot shaft or an extension on the side that the steering cable screws on. Anyone know of this issue? I was going to simply going to fab extension but the pivot shaft threads are not 1/2 pipe thread which I thought they were."

I am not clear but does the st

I am not clear but does the steering shaft tube have threads like if so twist it out or you may need a different attaching kit for steering rod to moto.

but a pic would really hellp

"Yes, that is typical. When yo

"Yes, that is typical. When you convert a "portable" Merc (15 horse and below), you need to replace the tilt tube.

I'm not at home or I could give the exact part number.

The replacement tube is about 3 or 4" longer than the current one (which can be a bit challenging to remove/replace if it's corroded in there).

It is part of the remote steering attachement kit but also available separately."

Back