Logo

Tilt problem

scenic

"When i bought the boat a coup

"When i bought the boat a couple of weeks ago the tilt was working fine i put the boat in storage lowered the tilt i returned a couple of days later but the tilt would not work, it just makes a click sound (The battery is fully charged) Mercury 50hp mod 105041BD year 1988. Hope someone can help"

Sounds like your solinoid is b

Sounds like your solinoid is bad should be on motor give it a tap and see if the trim will work then. If it does then you need to replace it.

"also just check the connectio

"also just check the connections to it,make sure theyre tight.after 22 years,might pay to disconnect battery,and clean each terminal on the relay,and check that the relay is well earthed"

"Here's a good way to chec

"Here's a good way to check an electrical connection to see if it is resistive. On a low voltage scale, put one probe on the post and the other on the same wire's connector. Then crank/energize the terminal. There should be no voltage drop at all. It should be zero resistance...hence no volts. This works very well with high current cables...including battery connectors. (a really large load (starter)may have a slight voltage drop. Clean terminals with adequate wire gauges will be no voltage drop. Hope this helps. Joe"

"Hi,its my first time on,pleas

"Hi,its my first time on,please help got a 115 6cyl Mariner power trim,it seems to struggle to go up/down also the wires gets hot.Can someone tell me whats wrong, thank you in advance.Please if u can also tell me what year is this engine ser.nr.OB 260079"

"Hi Gideon,you should really s

"Hi Gideon,you should really start a new discussion,but clean and tighten all terminals including battery,check trim pump oil level,I make that a 1988"

Back