Logo

Correct fuel pump pressure Carborated 200HP 2002 Merc Otbd

joe_i

"I'm new to this forum thi

"I'm new to this forum thing...but not new to boating and I'm a pretty good wrench. Problem is I left my Merc service manual($89) up in CT and I'm here in FL for the winter. Please help me if someone knows the correct fuel pump (output) pressure for a 200HP carborated 2002 Merc? I know there is a range (I'm thinking 2-4 psi?)
I should give a little background here to help with an issue I'm having/had. I had a large amount of large, almost clear particles, average size maybe 1/16th inch and some bigger and some smaller. They were hard, not rusty, and almost like bits of crushed plastic. I was using gas station gasoline (with ethenol) for a long time. The particles completely stuffed the filter above the fuel pump, and further backed up into the pump...almost filling the entire top chamber. I do have a racor fuel separating filter less that 4 feet away. I have pictures of pump and particles but don't know how to upload here but could send in a separate email. The boat ran even a bit more than 1/2 throttle with the particles. I figure because they were so coarse fuel could go around them. Please help if you know what the stuff in my fuel filter pump is, or the pressure."

"Here's what I have -

F

"Here's what I have -

Fuel pump pressure @ idle

normal - 2-3 psi
minimum - 1 psi

Fuel pump pressure @ w.o.t.

maximum - 10 psi
normal - 8-10 psi
minimum - 3 psi

That is for 1992-on model year carb models (at least up to 2004, my most recent service manuals)"

Back