Logo

Another question for Graham

"I agree with JB on that one.

"I agree with JB on that one.

Looks like the motor was run either 1) out of water - an impeller will self destruct in a few seconds or 2) the water intake got clogged (plastic bag or other garbage in the water) and self destructed due to lack of water or 3) impeller dry rotted and ate itself when you started her up.

The cheapest insurance against a toasted motor is a new impeller every second year - whether the motor sees 1000 hours use or none.

Impellers can dry rot just from sitting in the driveway - temperature changes, sun beating on the gearcase etc do quite a number on rubber...."

"Graham thank you very much! i

"Graham thank you very much! i'll take your advice, in fact i do change the impeller even when it's working fine when it has more that two years, I have no problem in changing the impeller. What i don't like is being fooled. When i saw the marks in the impeller it crossed my mind that it was broken by hand and that's way i asked to the forum. But thanks to you now i know that that kind of damage is normal. Have you seen the photos i sent at picasa website?
Thanks Again TiFan"

Back