Logo

1989 48 evinrude

scott_rief

Now i have a new problem. so

Now i have a new problem. so now it will idle for a long time. But when i give it gas it runs great for about 30 to 40 secs. Then it dies. and the primer bulb goes flat. it will run it we keep pumping but as soon as i quite it will die. I inspected all fuel line and found nothing wrong. so i took apart the fuel pump. I found that the small o ring and brown diaphram deal were slightly damaged. would that cause this? I ordered the parts cause they were cheap. But if you have any other things that it could be i would sure appreciate it. Im not a mechanic im a carpenter. so anything is helpful. and thanks alot for the help last time.

"if ur primer bulb,is being su

"if ur primer bulb,is being sucked flat--
1. ur fuel pump is wking well.
2. u have a bad fuel restriction.
ck the pickup tubes in fuel tank/filter in tank.
ck the primer bulb/fuel lines.
chg any filter,between bulb and tank
ck the venting of the fuel tank.
ck for defective anti siphon valve,at fuel hose connection on tank...if there.."

"You have a restriction betwee

"You have a restriction between the primer bulb and the fuel tank. Kind of like sucking on a plastic drink straw and placing you finger over the end. The straw will collapse or flatten like your primer bulb. Check your fuel tank for open and proper ventilation. Check the fuel line. I would guess if your tank is vented your restriction would be in the fuel line. While at low RPM, the fuel suction pressure (if manual fuel pump) would be low. High RPM would increase the fuel suction pressure which maybe causing the restriction to occur. Also check and make sure that your fuel line between the fuel tank and bulb is not kinked or near kinked. Make sure that the fuel line flow direction is correct. Good Luck"

Thanks alot for all the good s

Thanks alot for all the good stuff. is it possible to have to much venting? just to clear up something the primer bulb isn't being sucked flat. you can just tell it no longer has fuel going through it. if that makes any difference. I checked everything on the fuel line the line for kinks the bulb and such all looks good.

"no way--too much...venting...

"no way--too much...venting...how,....r u telling,it no longer has fuel going thru it?"

"the primer bulb,will either b

"the primer bulb,will either be normal shaped............or,collapsing........thats it...if it is collapsing,....fuel rest..period"

Back