Logo

1970 9.5 hp evinrude sportwin impeller

wassajet

Contributing Member
Could someone tell me how to put a new impeller in my 1970 model evinrude sportwin 9.5h.p.out board motor please.All help will be appreciated thank you.

"Remove 4 bolts from exh housi

"Remove 4 bolts from exh housing and the lower unit will drop down about 1". look through that 1" gap and you`ll see the shift linkgage coupling that connects the upper/lower linkgage. Remove the lower bolt completely( if you can`t see it try shifting it to fwd) and the lower 'should' drop down with a some wiggle/shaking.It might take some persuasion. If it still won`t drop down the most likely culprit is a stuck driveshaft in the powerhead-not good. If it does seperate, the water impeller is underneath the housing that the driveshaft goes through. You can leave the drivshft in the lower unit. Remove the screws on the housing and slid it up the shaft."

"The diagram [url=""]HERE[/url

"The diagram HERE may help.

When you put it all back together make sure the two parts of the shift rod are pushed fully into the clamp #52"

Thanks guys for your quick res

Thanks guys for your quick response & help.I will let you know how i go with it.Thanks again. Warren.

Back