Logo

1942 johnson sea horse sd10 16hp

P

petunia

"HI,IAM REALLY HAVING PROBLEMS

"HI,IAM REALLY HAVING PROBLEMS FINDING MY LAST TWO ITEMS BEFORE I SEE IF MY MOTOR WORKS. THE FIRST IS A SET OF CORRECT SPARK PLUGS FOR MY MOTOR.THE SECOND IS FINDING A FUEL LINE THAT ATTACHES TO MY MOTOR FROM MY TANK,I HAVE WANT LOOKS TO BE THREE PRONGS COMING FROM MOTOR,ONE IS MARKED FUEL THE OTHER AIR THE THIRD I THINK IS JUST TO HELP SECURE THE FUEL CLAMP ON TO MOTOR.CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP!! ADVICE OR SELL ME PARTS!! THANKS MATT}[ 1942 JOHNSON SEA HORSE CD-10 16HP]"

"Please DONT SHOUT

You mot

"Please DONT SHOUT

You motor requires a "dual line" fuel line and a pressurized tank.
Some think pressurizing the tank is dangerous. They can be converted to single line systems seeHERE

I cannot find a recommendation for plugs for that age but if it takes 14mm by 3/8" reach plugs I'd guess JC4 or JC6 would be suitable (gapped at 0.030")

What fuel mix are you planning on using. At least 20:1 possibly 16:1 I would think"

"MYSELF,...not worried about c

"MYSELF,...not worried about caps.....however,...i refrained fr posting ,due to not sure of plug physical size,.............as u post,...if its a 'normal' size plug,..i would rec ..j6c,champions."

I stated in my first post the

I stated in my first post the model was a cd 10. Correction its a SD-10....thats SD-10.Thanks for getting back guys!! Matt

[i]"Correction its a SD-10

"Correction its a SD-10"

Yes was going to point out that a CD-10 was something else ('54 5.5 or something) but then noticed that you had put SD 10 in the heading.

"If you do a little web search

"If you do a little web searching you should be able to find all of the parts you need. The way the fuel system works is when the engine is running a small amount of compression is sent back to the fuel tank via the line marked "air".
This will pressurize the tank and force the fuel in the tank to the engine via the fuel line. No fuel pump. If you don't have the pressure tank you may have a hard time finding one.
This system was used a very long time. I think the last outboard made with this type of fuel system was in 1959. The draw backs were having to keep pumping the tank until enough pressure was built up and there were problems with water getting in the tank from condensation. Finding a clean rust free tank that still holds pressure isn't easy these days.
I kind of remember the old motors using a champion J6J,J4J spark plug,but they haven't made those plugs for years. The J6C may work just fine,but keep a close watch on it at first. Don't want to damage the piston with a plug that's to hot.
There was a place out west,Washington state or around there that had lots of older parts. Wasn't cheap,but he did have the parts. Outboard parts .com or something like that I think.
Then there's always eBay. Some of the vendors on this site mat even have the parts.
Anyway,good luck."

Back