Logo

Canbt get engine to idlecarb problemNissan 2002 4 hp 4 stroke

yeto

"2002--Nissan 4hp/4stroke--nsf4a2d

The float valve was stuck as some of you had suggested might be the problem in an earlier thread. After freeing the float valve the engine will now crank but will not idle. The only way the engine will crank is with the choke pulled out, even if the engine is warm. When I turn the throttle to idle--the engine will idle find for a few seconds but then it starts to die out. I can keep the engine running but I have to give it more gas with the throttle. When I return the throttle back to idle--after a few seconds it sounds as if the engine is running out of gas or is choking out. I have tried idling up the engine but that does not make a difference. If I leave the choke pulled out that seems to help “I think”. Any ideas as to why this might be happening? I didn’t “mess” with anything else on the carb. but the float valve."

"Thanks for the quick reply.

"Thanks for the quick reply.

Is it possible I could have messed up the adjustment on the float when cleaning the float valve and what would be the best way to check the float adjustment?

Thanks,
Yeto"

"Possible, but very unlikely.

"Possible, but very unlikely. Flip the carb upside down. If the float is level its correct. Your problem with the carb is due to build up/trash in the interior ports. The only way to clean a carburetor is to take it apart and soak the metal bits and the body in carburetor cleaner for three hours. Nothing else is going to solve the problem."

"Thank you for your reply.

"Thank you for your reply.

I have my orders. I shall do as you say.

Thanks again for your help,
Yeto"

Back