Logo

Flushing motor

wassajet

Contributing Member
Ihave inherited an old evinrud

Ihave inherited an old evinrude sportwin out board motor.when i try to flush the motor in a tank of water the water wont stream out of the motor.But if i hook it up to ears the water flushes out very well.Is this the way it should work or is it just because the water is under pressure & is forcing it's way through the motor.Any help would be appreciated.i know it sounds odd to say the least to be enquire about a 40 year old motor but it has sentimental values.Thanking you..Wassajet.

Sounds like you need an impell

Sounds like you need an impeller. What size is the motor and the model number? Perhaps we can pinpoint the year for you.

"Thanks ibnfishn, i thought it

"Thanks ibnfishn, i thought it may be something like that buti have no idea at all about the mechanics of outboards or any motors for that matter.Is it a major operation to replace an impeller & would i be able to replace it myself, as even though i'm a novice at mechanical work i'm pretty handy with my hands & tools.In answer to your question the motor is a 9.5 evinrude sportwin model# 9022a. All help appreciated.."

Back