Logo

Serial numbers

bigfishlilboat

i recently purchased a new boa

i recently purchased a new boat and i am having trouble finding out what year and model. I heard that it was by the transom plate. I found a few different numbers under there. The first set is 3416-822862-c. the second set is t92lbu. The last set is ANE 12 8 92. it said online on a make and model chart that it is a nine digit number. Is there any where else i can check to find a serial number so i can get a wiring diagram for my motor

"An oil injected 40 horse shou

"An oil injected 40 horse should have a decal on the exhaust housing (leg).

If you stand behind the motor (looking at the prop) it is somewhat hidden on the right hand side - up on the leg, just below the lower cowl almost at the point where the leg is attached to the transom bracket.

The production number (serial) should be a zero followed by a letter then a bunch of numbers (eg. 0C123456 ect).

Since it's an oil inject 4 cylinder, I will guess it's a 1989 "classic 40" model which did not stay in production very long."

today i got a mechanic to come

today i got a mechanic to come over and we found out every thing that was wrong with my boat and we got it fixed. well every ting except i need a new rectifier and the wires i had trouble with ran to nothing in one of my dry storages.if i have any more questions i will use marineengine.com. thanks for answering my posts.

Back