Logo

6v53 injector timing gauge

bomdia

"I wanted to check the injecto

"I wanted to check the injector timing on a 6v53 but am unable to get the appropriate timing tool (i'm in the UK).
What is the height the injector followers are to be set at, then I is it ok to set it with a vernier height gauge?
Cheers
Tom"

"Hi Tom and,

Hello from sun

"Hi Tom and,

Hello from sunny southern California, the worlds 7th largest economy rapidly sinking into third world status!

I don't immediatly have the timing height but might be able to get you a specification if you tell me the number on the injector tag. I pretty much specialized in 71 and 92 2-cycle and Series 50 and 60 4-stroke. Now retired...looking for a job...see above economic reference.

Once you have the spec, you can set the hieght with any accurate tool that you can get in there to give you that measurement. I imagine a 6v could pose some access problems but only you can determine that."

"thanks for the reply;
the in

"thanks for the reply;
the injector is an s40, and from the manual i'm looking at has a 'timing dimension' of 1.460, and tool no. j 1853.. Is the timing dimension the height in inches?
Cheers
tom"

Re: "thanks for the reply;
the in

The answer is yes, it is in inches. And yes, I know this response is close to THREE YEARS too late!

I'm pretty sure what happened that I never got back to you is that this was about the time that I was diagnosed with stenosis of the spine and was hurled into the world of life or death surgery. As you can see, I'm still here so it did work albeit I'll never be 40 again. Or 50 or 60...

If you're still out there Tom, my apologies. I would never want to just leave you hanging like that but I'm sure my mind was a million miles from injector timing. I just stumbled on to this thread trying to find info for another 6v53t owner and had to explain. Hope you got it all sorted out at the time.

Back