Logo

B100 kill switch 1980 9.9 hp

gleninaz

I bought a 1980 B100 9.9 from a guy for $100 and it actually started right up with new gas! Been sitting for 15 years. The kill switch is broken. Anyone know where to find a part? I can't find it on boats.net. Trying to get a small boat put together for my 6 year old grandson and his dad. I ordered an impeller and oils so anything else to check would be appreciated. Thanks.

What is the serial number for

What is the serial number for the engine? Some of those models had both a kill switch/safety landyard and a stop switch.

Where is the switch located on the motor? The handle or on the front of the engine near the oil light?

The serial number will help zero in.

It is B100-1000xxx and is at h

It is B100-1000xxx and is at home so I don't remember the rest of the numbers. No letter in it so I think it is a 1979 or 1980. I am thinking a marine toggle switch from a boat panel could work as a replacement if I can't find the part. It is the rubber button next to the oil light on the lower case. I am ordering a repair manual so will see about the shaft seals when I figure out how to change them. Thanks.

"The part number you are looki

"The part number you are looking for is 36100-921-023. These are no longer made but Honda has a couple left (I just checked availability). It runs $21.42. If you can not find one on the net, email me or call me at Allcraft Marine 513-533-8800, and we'll get one on order for you.

Or like you said, you can just get a switch at Radio Shack and wire it in. That is probably the cheapest way to go."

Mike-thanks for finding the pa

Mike-thanks for finding the part. I am thinking the bearings and seals on the propshaft might as well get replaced so if you think I need to do that then add the parts to my order. Thanks to all. Hope to make a six year old very happy. He has been begging for a boat and loves to fish.

Back