Logo

25 HP Johnson HJ25RAEDA

"Have to run motor rich, ie. i

"Have to run motor rich, ie. idle mixture screw turned out 2.5 turns. Trying to "lean" it by screwing in mixture screw anything less than this results in sneezing and motor cutting out. Is this indicative of an air leak below carb? Thanks for any assistance. Mark"

"is it running ok at this sett

"is it running ok at this setting...?
altho slight excessive,not outragious,yes,u could have a slight air leak,many places,and making up for them,in ur setting....not a big prob."

as jwb say possible minor air

as jwb say possible minor air leak or slight blockage in idle circuit if it runs ok leave it or if you need something to do on the weekend pull the carby and and go through it.

Thanks very much for the respo

Thanks very much for the responses. I was a bit concerned because of the excessive amounts of smoke at start-up(really bad). No fouling of the plugs but they are a moist black rather than tan. Thanks again

"Mark if you give the engine a

"Mark if you give the engine a flat out run for 3 to 5 min then remove the plugs im sure they will be ok. Does the engine do much slow speed running?

Also when cold all the old fuel has evaperated away leaving the oil residue in the engine and carbies, when you prim with fresh fuel\oil mix it washes all the excess oil and makes for a very smoky engine until it clears"

"Thanks for your input, Jamie.

"Thanks for your input, Jamie. That makes a lot of sense, the residue oil burning on start-up. No, I don't do any low speed running but am happy now with your reasoning, so thanks again."

Back