Logo

1954 15 hp evinrude headgasket

wen4222

"I have 1954 15 hp eivinrude I

"I have 1954 15 hp eivinrude I just bought it, when i got it, it was locked up, and i sprayed break away in sparkplug holes and got it loosened up,put some used coils in it and set points and sanded them also cleaned out carbuerator, I got it started and it ran fairly good, and it was spraying out water out the back of motor, but after it got hot it wasnt putting out much water and the head started getting real hot and it was not running right. smoking more also when it quit, the motor locked again , but when i spray lubricant in it it broke loose again, I took head gasket off culdnt tell if it was blown, is it possible to use old gasket with sealer? I put it back on and it cranked but it had white smoke like it was getting water in it. but I think maybe it was head gasket or exhaust gasket, can ayone tell me what they think, and where is a good place to get gaskets for old motor"

well..
if it all looked good

well..
if it all looked good in side if you provide your model number I can get you the parts right from this web site.
we also have manuals and part drawings that can assist u.

Back