Logo

Omc King Cobra 75L Outrdrive removal

curt_garrett

"Well as stated earlier, I hav

"Well as stated earlier, I have decided to service my outdrive to save money, however, I am unable to remove the outdrive, I followed the simple instructions in my manual, remove six nuts from studs and drop tilt trim rams and slide it back, but no luck. It comes out about 1/2" and I cannot get it to move any further, Bob or anyone, please help!!!"

hook back up the rams and plac

hook back up the rams and place a 1/2 piece of wood between the drive and the transom and let the rams push it off.

Have someone else push the tilt button cause the drive will come off fast. Have something handy like a milk crate or chair to place the drive.

"Well your suggestion was the

"Well your suggestion was the trick, I never would have gotten it off without your idea. It came off with the gimbal bearing still attached to the shaft, it was rusted on and would never have come off any other way. I was able to remove the gimbal bearing without any damage to the yoke and I put the boat back in the water this morning and it has never sounded better, Thanks a bunch, I owed you one!!!"

Back